A bully is a person who purposely tries to hurt others by:
· Making them feel uncomfortable.The bully hurts the other person over and over.
· Hurting them by kicking, hitting, pushing, tripping, etc.
· Spreading nasty rumors.
The person being bullied feels that he or she can do nothing to stop it:
· He or she might feel smaller or weaker than the bully.Bullies can be BOYS or GIRLS!!
· He or she might feel outnumbered by the bully and the bully's friends.
· He or she might feel there is no help:
· No one to talk to.
· No one is standing up for him or her.
· He or she often feels very sad, but does not know how to change the situation.
Who do bullies pick on?
· Often, bullies are bigger kids, so they pick on:Why do bullies do what they do?
· Kids they feel are smaller.
· Kids they think won't stand up to them.
· Kids that have few friends to stand up for them.
· Sometimes they think that they will win or get what they want.
· Sometimes they want to impress or entertain their friends.
· Sometimes they enjoy feeling power over someone because sometimes they are being bullied by someone else!
· Sometimes they do not even realize that they are hurting the other person.